The Luminous Woman™Live from your deep wisdom
A woman becomes luminous when she begins to live by her own inner light. This light grows as she establishes a taproot into the creative power of her archetypal depths, giving her a quiet dynamism that emanates from the core of her being. As she listens to the voice of her soul and tends her inner flame, she becomes aware of her own particular passions and discovers the gifts and strengths that will open the path for their expression.
The luminous woman cultivates a core of peace and self awareness. She rests confidently in her own original essence and therefore she can genuinely appreciate the gifts and beauty of others without the sense that they diminish her in some way. She does not live life comparing herself to others and thereby avoids the pitfalls of competition and envy. Because her sense of worth is not dependant on the positive feedback of others, she knows her needs and wants and has her own opinions and positions on life. She can take a stand for her own truth regardless of whether others understand, agree with, or approve of her. A luminous woman has archetypal fluency, able to inhabit, speak, and act from many places in the psyche. She is not trapped by narrow definitions of herself. Her depths inform her that she is much more than her titles, social standing, appearance, talents, roles or history. She does not shrink from life and the challenges that life brings. She embraces her destiny as it unfolds. Click here to read complete essay
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A WOMAN WHO LIVES BY HER INNER LIGHT?
Come join Chelsea Wakefield, LCSW in a circle of women as we travel the realm of The Luminous Woman™ and other key Archetypes of the Feminine
When: November 1-3, 2013 – Workshop starts Friday 5 PM to Sunday 4 PM in Flat Rock, NC at Sanctuary in the Pines
Cost: $385 – includes lodging and six delicious, nutritious meals.
Non-refundable deposit of $100 with balance due by September 1st and balance due by October 1st. (Directions and information forthcoming.)
With $100 registration and balance of $285
Location: Sanctuary in the Pines, www.sanctuaryinthepines.com Flatrock,NC (Asheville Airport)
To Register – download the attached pdf Brochure and download the MS Word Registration Form and and register by Check or Paypal to Chelsea Wakefield
You may contact Chelsea if you need additional information about the weekend firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Non-refundable Deposit due by September 1, 2013 of $100 – with full payment due by October 1, 2013
JOIN US IF YOU WANT TO:
- Learn about the many archetypes of being a woman and discover who sits at your “Inner Round Table”. Identify the archetypes you have lived into consciously and unconsciously. Expand your range of archetypal energies.
- Learn more about the unique developmental passages on a woman’s journey and how you can avoid the common quagmires.
- Increase your capacity to operate from a calm core, and a sense of self anchored in your archetypal depths.
- Experience living as a more present, joyful and sensually embodied woman. Enjoy the awe and wonder that come from being open to the mystery.
- Develop a sense of trust and confidence that your center will hold throughout the storms of transformation, living and loving.
- Transcend wounding, relinquish past hurts, and live into a deeper identity.
- Learn to see, accept and appreciate people as they are. Deepen and improve your relationships as you learn to love from your calm core.
- Develop the confidence and integrity that shine from the eyes of women who have faced, named, and learned to work with the energies of the dark feminine: fear, jealousy, envy, bitterness, competition, comparison, anger, emptiness, loneliness, regret, self-hatred and self doubt and more.
- Immerse yourself in the joys of sharing wisdom, stories, laughter and the sensual pleasures of good food. Experience women in genuine mutual appreciation, giving and receiving, “listening each other into life”.
- Join the growing community of women graduates in twice yearly Reunion Groups
Luminous Sexuality ™
What is Luminous Sexuality™?
Every woman has a unique beauty, sexual essence, and sexual story that is all her own. It is every woman’s courage that shines through cultural, religious, and media messages about how we should express love, sex, and intimacy.
Luminous Sexuality means reclaiming our connection to authentic erotic experience. It means broadening definitions of what is acceptable, understanding that sex is more than performance, and knowing that our sexual energy is not dependent on having a partner. Our sexual essence is at the creative core of who we are. We can share it with a partner, or enjoy it as a force that can vitalize every cell of our being and inspire us to bring our gifts into the world.
The Luminous Sexuality Weekend provides a safe, gentle space for a small group of women to share their own experience. It is a time for telling your version of your sexual journey, without judgment. It is a time to bear witness to the stories of others in their struggles, deep longings, joy and ecstasy. You can talk, listen and learn as we uncover organizing principles for transcending fear, shame, betrayal and loss. It is a time for letting go of what has limited and constrained you and for claiming what will bring you life. It is a time for you to meet your “keeper of the inner flame” and open the connection between your body and soul, heart and mind.
Join us if you want to…
• Find new pathways to sexual healing, pleasure, and intimacy.
• Discover what keeps you from realizing your capacity for pleasure and joy.
• Experience living as a more sensually embodied woman.
• Identify your primary sexual archetypes and expand your range of expression.
• Balance sensual freedom with healthy boundaries.
• Learn to navigate strong emotions and Negotiate an Inner Peace Treaty.
• Reclaim your birthright of sexual wholeness.
• Learn how to confidently communicate your desires to yourself and to a partner.
Nestled in a woodland area of Highland Lake, surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains,
Sanctuary in the Pines offers a perfect setting for this weekend of sexual healing and celebration.
About Gina Ogden
Gina Ogden, PhD, LMFT
She is a sex therapist, teacher, researcher, author,and practitioner of ceremonial shamanism, with media appearances that range from talk radio to the Oprah Winfrey show. During over three decades ofpractice, she has listened to thousands of women express their feelings about sexual relationship and has trained hundreds of social workers, psychologists,sex therapists, and other health providers to view women’s sexual issues beyond the frame offunction/dysfunction into the realm of relationshipand meaning.
Her groundbreaking survey, “Integrating Sexuality and Spirituality” (ISIS), is the firstnationwide survey to investigate the multidimensionalnature of sexual experience. The results led her to create the ISIS model of sexual integration, which hashelped women (and men) of all ages find their own way tosexual expression that is deeply satisfying and lifechanging.
Gina’s internationally acclaimed workshops offer a safeand powerful place for women to connect with thewisdom of their own bodies, minds, hearts, and spirits.
Her latest books are Women Who Love Sex, The Heart &Soul of Sex and The Return of Desire.
To learn more about Gina’s work, her books and the ISIS model visit www.ginaogden.com.
Gina Ogden, creator of the ISIS model of sexual integration and Chelsea Wakefield, creator of the Luminous Woman™ Weekend
weave together a transformative experience for women in the stunning beauty of Sanctuary in the Pines, a Blue Ridge mountain retreat.
“Gina Ogden explores a whole new landscape: the sexuality and sensuality
of healthy women ontheir own terms….she speaks directly to theheart of sexuality
in a way that women all overthe world will recognize.”
~Christiane Northrup, MD, author of
Women’s Bodies Women’s Wisdom and The Wisdom of Menopause
Chelsea Wakefield, LCSW
She is a Jungian oriented psychotherapist,writer, teacher and retreat leader who works with individuals, couples, families, and groups.Chelsea has spent twenty years facilitating people inmoving beyond the wounds of the past, resolvinginternal conflicts, discovering
their core essence and living more vibrant, meaningful lives.
She draws from a wealth of clinical andtranspersonal training and has developed a method of inner work, soon to be published as Negotiating the Inner Peace Treaty™. This innovative method has brought peace, balance and empowerment to many people
who were previously at war withthemselves.
Chelsea is the creator of The Luminous Woman™ Weekend, a threshold weekend of archetypal exploration and recreation for women who are ready to live into their luminous potential. Every woman can become luminous when she begins tohonor and trust herself, identify her unique beauty,
To learn more about Chelsea and her programs visit www.chelseawakefield.com
“Chelsea Wakefield is an intuitive leader, inspiring, and engaging.
She gives us permission to be where we are but offers a roadmap
of vision and hope that leads us to a new place.
Her work is healing, spiritual and thought provoking.”
~Marcia Caserio, MA creator of Great Life Healthy Aging N. Carolina
Luminous Woman ™ Reunions
A reunion community of Women Graduates from the Luminous Woman™ Weekend. This retreat offering will happen twice a year for any graduate of the Luminous Woman™ Weekend to join with a community of Luminous women to share their experiences, support each other and continue to cross new thresholds of growth. Each weekend has a different theme related to a woman’s individuation journey and archetypes of the feminine.
Part of Chelsea’s intention for this community of women is to develop a program called Luminous Girls- an intergenerational wisdom transfer for our daughters and granddaughters, so that they can be connected to their archetypal power from an early time in their lives and grow into Luminous Women.